Instructions for Tinted Gessoed Paper
This process will provide you with an inexpensive, hand made painting and drawing surface.
1. Fabriano Studio Cold Press 140 # paper. 15x22 6 sheets $8.99, 8 sheets $11.99. Available at Rochester Art Supply (fineartstore.com)
2. Aquacryl Student Gesso (available at the Art Store Southtown Plaza)
3. Lampblack Acrylic for tinting gesso - samples available for matching color
4. 4" shed resistant roller - 1/2" nap for semi-rough surface
1. Tint gesso with lampblack
2. First coat mix 2 parts water with 5 parts gesso
3. Second coat is 1 part water with 5 parts gesso
4. Let each coat dry thoroughly before applying next coat
5. Coat both sides
6. When dry compress the paper for a day or two to flatten it.